On the Riva Group’s websites cookies and similar technologies are used to ensure the correct functioning and the user-friendliness of web applications. This document gives you detailed information on how Riva Group uses and manages cookies and on how to deactivate them.
Cookies are short text fragments that allow the web server to store information on the user's device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or afterwards, even days later (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored in the browser (Internet browsing program) according to the user's preferences.
Similar technologies, such as, for example, web beacons, transparent GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to collect information on user behaviour and use of services.
In the remainder of this document we will refer to cookies and all similar technologies using simply the term "cookies".
Types of cookies
- Necessary "technical" cookies.These cookies are necessary for a correct functioning of the Riva Group’s websites. They are used to log in and to access reserved functions of the website. After closing the browser (closing of the session), they are cancelled. Their deactivation compromises the use of the services accessible by login. The public part of the Riva Group’s websites remains usable.
- Analysis and Performance Cookies.These cookies are used to anonymously collect and analyse traffic data on the website. While not identifying the user, these cookies allow, for example, to detect if the same user logs in again at different times. Moreover, they make it possible to monitor the system to improve usability and performance. Disabling these cookies does not affect the functionality of the website.
- Profile cookies. These are permanent cookies used (anonymously and not) to monitor users’ preferences in order to improve their experience. This kind of cookies are not used on the Riva Group’s websites.
The following cookies are used on our website:
|Type - Function/Collected Data
|Platform session cookies to maintain an anonymous user session by the server, used by websites written with Microsoft .NET based technologies. The main purpose of this cookie is: strictly necessary
|At the end of the navigation session
|Allows the server to associate the session to the correct user.
|At the end of the navigation session
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or the logout command is executed. Other cookies "survive" after closing the browser and are also available on subsequent visits by the user.
These cookies are called persistent cookies and their duration is fixed by the server when they are created. In some cases an expiry date is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
The Riva Group’s websites make use of session cookies.
By browsing the pages of the Riva Group's websites, it is possible to interact with websites managed by third parties that can create or modify cookies.
Management of cookies
The user can decide whether or not to accept cookies using browser settings.
Warning: the total or partial disabling of technical cookies may compromise the use of the site functions reserved for registered users. On the contrary, the usability of public content is also possible even after completely disabling cookies.
Disabling "third party" cookies in no way affects navigability.
The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore, the best browsers allow you to define different settings for "proprietary" and "third party" cookies. Please refer to the links below for more details:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Explorer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265